This post, Lemon Butter Chicken and Broccoli, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
Lemon Butter Chicken and Broccoli is so simple to throw together and oh so yummy! I love this recipe for many reasons but my top reason is how fast it is done. From start to finish dinner is done in less than 30 minutes.
This is the perfect meal to make on a busy weeknight. All you need is a few staples and you are good to go.
Lemon Butter Chicken and Broccoli
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 TBSP butter
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 3 TBSP)
- 1 bag broccoli florets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Then heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Place broccoli in a microwave safe dish (or use a steam in the bag kind) and microwave as directed on package usually 5-7 minutes.
- Next add the chicken to skillet and cook a few minutes per side until golden brown and chicken is completely done inside.
- Remove chicken pieces from pan and set off to the side. Keep warm.
- Add chicken stock to pan and bring to a boil. Also scrap up any browned bits from the pan.
- Add lemon juice and boil until mixture is reduced by half.
- Then add in remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and stir until melted.
- Return chicken to pan and heat through.
- Carefully add in broccoli and stir until all pieces have been mixed in juice.
- Finally serve immediately by adding broccoli and chicken to each plate/bowl with a bit of sauce too.
This lemon butter chicken and broccoli is amazing! 5 kitchen staples make a mouth-watering, delicious meal in less than 30 minutes.
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs can be used instead.
- The recipe can be cut in half for a smaller family.
- Or doubled for a larger crowd or meal prepping.
- The Lemon Butter Chicken and Broccoli is also excellent for meal prepping. When cooled store in container of choice and refrigerate for easy lunches all week.
I often double the recipe and then use the leftover for lunches for the week! Lunch and dinner done in one simple recipe!
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more main dishes? Then check out my Recipes: Main Dishes board on Pinterest!