This post, Letter E is for Elephant and Egg Craft, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
To help Cakey and Doodles learn the letter E we made Letter E is for Elephant and Egg craft. I really like these kinds of crafts because they help both girls not only learn the letter and something that starts with that letter but the craft allows them to work on learning to use glue neatly. Neatly being the key word. While Cakey is able to use glue by herself she is not always very neat and Doodles is still learning.
The first time Cakey and I did these crafts was in 2014. We are now on our second time going through them (Doodles is on her first time). You can see in the photos at the end a comparison of Cakey’s first time and her second and also Doodles first time. I am hoping to add additional photos when we do our Letter E is for Elephant and Egg craft again next year.
The first time we made this craft I free handed the additional pieces and cut them out from scrap construction paper. This time I created the images and printed them out. You can find the printables for free here Letter E Elephant Egg via Dropbox. In this file you will find a large capital E, a lowercase e, and a page with the trunk and ear for the elephant and a page with the egg shell for the egg.
While the girls were working on their letter “E” crafts, I read Horton Hatches the Egg from our Tot School Letter E Books list.
Here’s how we did our Letter E is for Elephant and Egg Craft:
Capital E Elephant
- Large capital letter E from page 2 of the Letter E Elephant Egg file
- Construction paper
- Page 4 print out in the Letter E Elephant Egg file
- Googly eye
- Print the large capital D on grey construction paper.
- Cut out the capital E.
- Print out page 4 on grey construction paper and cut out trunk and ear.
- With your help, have your child glue the E to a sheet of construction paper.
- Glue on the ear and trunk to the Letter E.
- Glue on a googly eye.
Lowercase e egg
- Large lower case letter e from page 3 of the Letter E Elephant Egg file
- Construction paper
- Page 5 print out in the Letter E Elephant Egg file
- Print the large lower case e on any color construction paper.
- Cut out the lower case e.
- Print out page 5 on any color construction paper and cut out the egg shell. Cut the egg shell in half.
- With your help, have your child glue the e to another sheet of construction paper.
- Glue the egg shell pieces on.
Cakey’s first Letter E is for Elephant and Egg Craft 2014
Because I free handed these pieces they turned out a little too big for the paper
Cakey’s second Letter E is for Elephant and Egg Craft 2016/2017
Doodles’s first Letter E is for Elephant and Egg Craft 2016/2017
For some reason Doodles ended up putting her elephant together upside down.
Be sure to stop by my Homeschool Arts & Crafts page where I will be linking all our art and crafts projects. And if you are looking for more homeschool activities, make sure you check out my Homeschool page which contains links to our sensory bins, math & science, and book lists.
Have you and your kids ever made a Letter E is for craft? What animal, food, or plant did you make for the letter E?
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more Tot School Resources and Ideas? Check out my Homeschool: Totschool, Preschool, Kindergarten board on Pinterest.