This post, Letter F is for Fox and Fish Craft, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
To help Cakey and Doodles learn the letter F we made Letter F is for Fox and Fish craft. I really like these kinds of crafts because they help both girls not only learn the letter and something that starts with that letter but the craft allows them to work on learning to use glue neatly. Neatly being the key word. While Cakey is able to use glue by herself she is not always very neat and Doodles is still learning.
The first time Cakey and I did these crafts was in 2014. We are now on our second time going through them (Doodles is on her first time). You can see in the photos at the end a comparison of Cakey’s first time and her second and also Doodles first time. I am hoping to add additional photos when we do our Letter F is for Fox and Fish craft again next year.
The first time we made this craft I free handed the additional pieces and cut them out from scrap construction paper. This time I created the images and printed them out. You can find the printables for free here Letter F Fox Fish via Dropbox. In this file you will find a large capital F, a lowercase f, and 2 pages with the ears, tail, and nose for the fox and a page with the fins and mouth for the fish.
While the girls were working on their letter “F” crafts, I read Fish Eyes: A Book You Can Count On from our Tot School Letter F Books list.
Here’s how we did our Letter F is for Fox and Fish Craft:
Capital F Fox
- Large capital letter F from page 2 of the Letter F Fox Fish file
- Construction paper
- Page 4 & 5 print out in the Letter F Fox Fish file
- Googly eye (optional)
- Print the large capital F on red, orange, or grey construction paper.
- Cut out the capital F.
- Print out page 4 on red, orange, or grey construction paper and cut out tail and ear pieces.
- Print out page 5 on white construction paper and cut out the tail, ears, nose, and eyes (if using) pieces.
- With your help, have your child glue the F to a sheet of construction paper.
- Glue on the colored ear and tail pieces to the Letter F.
- Glue on the white ear pieces inside the colored ear pieces and the white tail fluff on the end of the tail.
- Attach with glue the eye pieces or use a googly eye and the nose.
Lowercase f fish
- Large lower case letter f from page 3 of the Letter F Fox Fish file
- Construction paper
- Page 6 print out in the Letter F Fox Fish file
- Print the large lower case f on any color construction paper.
- Cut out the lower case f.
- Print out page 6 on any color construction paper and cut out the fins and mouth pieces.
- With your help, have your child glue the f to a blue sheet of construction paper.
- Glue the fins and mouth pieces on.
- Glue on a googly eye.
Cakey’s first Letter F is for Fox and Fish Craft 2014
Cakey’s second Letter F is for Fox and Fish Craft 2016/2017
Doodles’s first Letter F is for Fox and Fish Craft 2016/2017
Be sure to stop by my Homeschool Totschool Preschool Crafts page where I will be linking all our crafts and sensory bins. And if you are looking for books to go along with each letter, make sure you check out my Homeschool Totschool Preschool page where I link all our book lists.
Have you and your kids ever made a Letter F is for craft? What animal, food, or plant did you make for the letter F?
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more Tot School Resources and Ideas? Check out my Homeschool: Totschool, Preschool, Kindergarten board on Pinterest.