This post, Letter J is for Jellyfish and Jewels Craft, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
To help Cakey and Doodles learn the letter J we made Letter J is for Jellyfish and Jewels Craft. I really like these kinds of crafts because they help both girls not only learn the letter and something that starts with that letter but the craft allows them to work on learning to use glue neatly. Neatly being the key word. While Cakey is able to use glue by herself she is not always very neat and Doodles is still learning.
The first time Cakey and I did these crafts was in 2014. We are now on our second time going through them (Doodles is on her first time). You can see in the photos at the end a comparison of Cakey’s first time and her second and also Doodles first time. I am hoping to add additional photos when we do our Letter J is for Jellyfish and Jewels Craft again next year.
The first time we made this craft I free handed the additional pieces and cut them out from scrap construction paper. This time I created the images and printed them out. You can find the printables for free here Letter J Jellyfish Jewels via Dropbox. In this file you will find a large capital J, a lowercase j, and 1 page with a top for the jellyfish.
While the girls were working on their letter “J” crafts, I read from our Tot School Letter J Books list.
Here’s how we did our Letter J is for Jellyfish and Jewels Craft:
Capital J Jellyfish
- Large capital letter J from page 2 of the Letter J Jellyfish Jewels file
- Construction paper
- Pages 4 print out in the Letter J Jellyfish Jewels file
- Print the large capital J on any color construction paper.
- Cut out the capital J.
- Print out page 4 on the same color construction paper and cut out the head.
- Cut out six 4 inch pieces of yarn.
- With your help, have your child glue the J to a sheet of construction paper.
- Glue the head piece to the Letter J.
- Glue on the yarn pieces to the end points on the head of the jellyfish.
Lowercase j jewels
- Large lower case letter j from page 3 of the Letter J Jellyfish Jewels file
- Construction paper
- Assorted jewels
- Print the large lower case j on any color construction paper.
- Cut out the lowercase j.
- With your help, have your child glue the j to a sheet of construction paper.
- Glue assorted jewels to the letter j.
Cakey’s first Letter J is for Jellyfish and Jewels Craft 2014
Cakey’s second Letter J is for Jellyfish and Jewels Craft 2016/2017
Doodles’s first Letter J is for Jellyfish and Jewels Craft 2016/2017
Be sure to stop by my Homeschool Arts & Crafts page where I will be linking all our art and crafts projects. And if you are looking for more homeschool activities, make sure you check out my Homeschool page which contains links to our sensory bins, crafts, and language arts including book lists.
Have you and your kids ever made a Letter J is for craft? What animal, food, or plant did you make for the letter J?
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more Tot School Resources and Ideas? Check out my Homeschool: Totschool, Preschool, Kindergarten board on Pinterest.