This post, Letter N is for Night and Nest Craft, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
To help Cakey and Doodles learn the letter N we made Letter N is for Night and Nest Craft. I really like these kinds of crafts because they help both girls not only learn the letter and something that starts with that letter but the craft allows them to work on learning to use glue neatly. Neatly being the key word. While Cakey is able to use glue by herself she is not always very neat and Doodles is still learning.
The first time Cakey and I did these crafts was in 2014. We are now on our second time going through them (Doodles is on her first time). You can see in the photos at the end a comparison of Cakey’s first time and her second and also Doodles first time. I am hoping to add additional photos when we do our Letter N is for Night and Nest Craft again next year.
The first time we made this craft I free handed the additional pieces and cut them out from scrap construction paper. This time I created the images and printed them out. You can find the printables for free here Letter N Night Nest via Dropbox. In this file you will find a large capital N, a lowercase n, and 1 page with a moon for night, and 1 page with eggs for the nest.
While the girls were working on their letter “N” crafts, I read Quiet Night from our Tot School Letter N Books list.
Here’s how we did our Letter N is for Night and Nest Craft:
Capital N Night
- Large capital letter N from page 2 of the Letter N Night Nest file
- Construction paper
- Pages 4 print out in the Letter N Night Nest file
- Star stickers (optional)
- Print the large capital N on grey or black construction paper.
- Cut out the capital N.
- Print out page 4 on white construction paper and cut out the moon piece.
- With your help, have your child glue the N to a sheet of construction paper.
- Glue the moon piece to the letter N.
- Add star stickers around the Letter N Night.
Lowercase n nest
- Large lower case letter n from page 3 of the Letter N Night Nest file
- Construction paper
- Print the large lower case n on brown construction paper.
- Cut out the lowercase n.
- Print out page 5 on any color construction paper and cut out the eggs.
- With your help, have your child glue the n to a sheet of construction paper.
- Cut 6 pieces of brown yarn 3-4 inches in length.
- Glue the yarn onto the top the Letter n nest.
- Arrange the eggs inside the nest and glue down.
Cakey’s first Letter N is for Night and Nest Craft 2014
Cakey’s second Letter N is for Night and Nest Craft 2016/2017
Doodles’s first Letter N is for Night and Nest Craft 2016/2017
Be sure to stop by my Homeschool Arts & Crafts page where I will be linking all our art and crafts projects. And if you are looking for more homeschool activities, make sure you check out my Homeschool page which contains links to our sensory bins, math & science, and book lists.
Have you and your kids ever made a Letter N is for craft? What animal, food, or plant did you make for the letter N?
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more Tot School Resources and Ideas? Check out my Homeschool: Totschool, Preschool, Kindergarten board on Pinterest.