This post, Letter S is for Snowman and Snake Craft, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
To help Cakey and Doodles learn the letter S we made Letter S is for Snowman and Snake Craft. I really like these kinds of crafts because they help both girls not only learn the letter and something that starts with that letter but the craft allows them to work on learning to use glue neatly. Neatly being the key word. While Cakey is able to use glue by herself she is not always very neat and Doodles is still learning.
The first time Cakey and I did these crafts was in 2014. We are now on our second time going through them (Doodles is on her first time). You can see in the photos at the end a comparison of Cakey’s first time and her second and also Doodles first time. I am hoping to add additional photos when we do our Letter S is for Snowman and Snake Craft again next year.
The first time we made this craft I free handed the additional pieces and cut them out from scrap construction paper. This time I created the images and printed them out. You can find the printables for free here Letter S Snowman Snake via Dropbox. In this file you will find a large capital S, a lowercase s, 1 page with a snowman head, snake eyes and tongue, and 1 page with the snowman hat.
While the girls were working on their letter “S” crafts, I read Star Wars ABC from our Tot School Letter S Books list.
Here’s how we did our Letter S is for Snowman and Snake Craft:
Capital S Snowman
- Large capital letter S from page 2 of the Letter S Snowman Snake file
- Pages 4-5 of the Letter S Snowman Snake file
- Construction paper
- Cotton balls
- Print the large capital S on white construction paper.
- Cut out the capital S.
- Print page 4 on white construction paper and cut out the snowman head.
- Print page 5 on black construction paper and cut out the hat.
- With your help, have your child glue the S to a sheet of construction paper.
- Glue the head to top of the letter S.
- Glue the hat to the top of the head.
- Attach cotton balls with glue all over the letter S Snowman.
Lowercase s snake
- Large lower case letter s from page 3 of the Letter S Snowman Snake file
- Page 4 print out in the Letter S Snowman Snake file
- Construction paper
- Print the large lower case s on any color construction paper.
- Cut out the lowercase s.
- Print out page 4 on the white construction paper and cut out the eyes and tongue.
- With your help, have your child glue the s to a sheet of construction paper.
- Attach eyes to the top of the s.
- Glue the tongue to the top of the Letter s snake.
The kids’ letter crafts:
Be sure to stop by my Homeschool Arts & Crafts page where I will be linking all our art and crafts projects. And if you are looking for more homeschool activities, make sure you check out my Homeschool page which contains links to our sensory bins, math & science, and book lists.
Have you and your kids ever made a Letter S is for craft? What animal, food, or plant did you make for the letter S?
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more Tot School Resources and Ideas? Check out my Homeschool: Totschool, Preschool, Kindergarten board on Pinterest.