This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
I love how much my girls love crafting! However, some days the mess they make everywhere with paints, markers, crayons, paper, etc is something I could do without. ChalkOla chalk markers to the rescue!
Recently, I was contacted and asked to try out ChalkOla Chalk Markers and boy am I glad I said yes!
Chalk markers are all the rage now, and the ChalkOla brand is a great choice. Check out my top 6 reasons why we enjoyed them, find out what we didn’t like about them, and see some of the fun things we did with them.
6 things we enjoyed about ChalkOla chalk markers
- Easy to clean up. ChalkOla markers clean up with soap and water (or your favorite window cleaner) and even wet wipes. The liquid chalk markers even wash off clothes and little hands. 🙂
- Versatile. ChalkOla markers can be used on numerous non-porous surfaces. We used them on glass (french doors and sliding glass doors), hard plastic, mirrors, chalkboard, and whiteboards (dry erase boards).
- Variety of colors. We really enjoyed the various colors these chalkboard markers came in. Bright colors like white, black, purple, red, brown, and blue and neons pink, orange, yellow.
- Size. The ChalkOla markers come in two sizes. A set of 10 party colors with 6mm tip and 8g of ink. A set of 8 platinum series with 15mm jumbo tip and 28g of ink (use code CHK20OFF for 20% off the 15mm markers only code valid for a limited time only).
- Fun for everyone. These chalk pens are great for crafters and DIYers, kids, teachers. Both of my girls loved drawing with them. The markers kept them busy for hours. I enjoyed using them for craft projects and homeschool work.
- Low odor. We used the markers outside on our front door, inside at the dining room table, and in our playroom. I never noticed an odor from the chalk markers. This was really exciting because I often get a headache from using the dry erase markers in our playroom.
3 Things we didn’t like about ChalkOla chalk markers
- Can be messy. These markers are labeled not for under 3 and that is very true. My 2.5 year old tried them and got more color on her hands than on the window!
- Getting the ink to flow. Once the ink is flowing, these chalk pens are great for kids. Having the child getting the ink flowing is a little hard. I recommend following the quick start guide with your child. Cakey was able to get the ink flowing after doing it with me just once.
- Caps do not attach to end of markers. With kids, keeping track of which lid goes with which marker is a job in itself. ChalkOla markers would be even better if the lids attached to the end of the markers.
Fun projects with ChalkOla chalk markers
- How great are these chalk pens for leaving cute messages for your honey or kids on the mirror?!
- Some of the ways we used the wet wipe markers in our homeschooling were tracing letters, connect the dots, and general art projects on the whiteboard.
- I used the markers to draw a fall theme on a glass bowl for our dining room table and the girls drew a thanksgiving welcome message on the front door.
- I’m already planning some fun Christmas crafts using these chalk pens! I love that I can create something seasonal, clean it up, and use the same base for crafting another project.
How to use ChalkOla chalk markers
- With the cap on, shake the marker for about 30 seconds.
- Pump the marker tip up and down to get the ink flowing. You will see the ink coming down the tip.
- Use the markers to write, draw, and create.
- When finished cap tightly and store horizontally.
- Use soap and water or your favorite window cleaner to clean up. Wet wipes work too.
Have you tried ChalkOla Chalk Markers? What’s your favorite project to make with them?
Have a blessed day!
Please read my disclosure policy here.