This post, Overnight Blueberry French Toast Casserole, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
So lately I have been on a french toast kick. Except while I want french toast, I don’t want to stand in the kitchen making it. Enter overnight french toast casserole. After a friend shared his overnight french toast casserole recipe with me I was hooked. I tweaked his recipe a bit to come up with my overnight blueberry french toast casserole. It’s amazingly simple and just so good!
Overnight blueberry french toast casserole allows you to “Wow!” your family without having to stand over a hot griddle first thing in the morning.
Overnight Blueberry French Toast Casserole
- 1 large, crusty French baguette
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups homemade blueberry pie filling
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Melt butter in the microwave and pour into 9×13 baking dish.
- Rip French baguette into bite-size pieces and place in baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, blueberry pie filling, and fresh blueberries together.
- Pour blueberry mixture over bread and gently stir to combine.
- Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until set and golden brown.
Makes about 8 servings.
While I enjoyed the overnight blueberry french toast casserole plain without maple syrup I also liked it with syrup.
Overnight blueberry french toast casserole is best served immediately but will keep for up to 2 days in the refrigerator. Simply warm up the french toast in the microwave, add maple syrup is desired, and enjoy.
Have you made overnight french toast casserole before? Try my overnight blueberry french toast casserole and let me know what you think!
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Check out my Recipes: Breakfasts board on Pinterest.