This post, Oyster Cookie Sandwiches, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
These Oyster Cookie Sandwiches are very simple and so much fun to make! They are almost too cute to eat! Almost! Using store bought cookies, homemade buttercream frosting, and vanilla yogurt covered raisins makes these cookies quick to whip up. Oyster Cookie Sandwiches are prefect for beached themed wedding showers, birthday parties, or any other luau. Seriously?! How adorable would these cookies be at a mermaid themed birthday party?
Oyster Cookie Sandwiches
- 2 packages of Keebler Simply Made Butter Cookies
- 1 cup of buttercream icing
- Red food coloring
- 21 vanilla yogurt covered raisins
- Thoroughly mix a couple drops of red food coloring in the buttercream icing. Repeat if necessary until you reach the desired pink color.
- Spread or pipe a layer of pink icing on the underside of one cookie. Place topside down. Repeat until all cookies have icing on them.
- Place a yogurt covered raisin on one cookie.
- Then prop a second cookie up on the yogurt covered raisin and the bottom cookie to create an opened oyster. Repeat until all cookies have been turned into oysters!
Makes 21 Oyster Cookie Sandwiches.
- Slice and bake sugar cookies or homemade sugar cookies would also be great to use. I wanted uniformity in my cookies which is why I used packaged cookies.
- Packaged frosting could also be used.
- Vanilla yogurt covered Craisins would make a fun addition.
- The Oyster Cookie Sandwiches can be made up to 1 day ahead of time and stored at room temperature in an covered container.
These oyster cookies sandwiches are the perfect addition to any beach or sea themed party.
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more desserts? Check out my Recipes: Desserts board on Pinterest.