This post, Peach Mango Protein Smoothie, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
All of my kids are big fruit eaters and one of their favorite ways to eat fruit is in smoothies. I love that when they drink a smoothie they are not only getting an excellent source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals but they are also getting a nice big dose of protein and healthy probiotics.
Like all kids, they go through eating times when they refuse to eat various foods. Much to James’ disappointment, what they refuse to eat it is usually the meat or the protein source of that meal. If I notice that they have not eaten much protein in the last few days I will make them a protein packed smoothie.
One of the girls’ favorite smoothies is this peach mango protein smoothie. During the summer I use fresh peaches and mangoes but in the winter or whenever I can’t find the fresh fruit I use frozen peaches and mangoes. And bonus! By using peach mango juice with hidden vegetables I’m also able to sneak in some veggies too!
Peach Mango Protein Smoothie
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/2 cup peach slices
- 1/2 cup mango slices
- 1 scoop unsweetened, vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup peach mango juice with hidden vegetables
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- Layer ice, peach slices, and mango slices in blender.
- Add protein powder and vanilla yogurt.
- Top with peach mango juice.
- Put lid on blender and blend until smooth. If needed, scrap down the sides and blend again.
- Pour into glass and enjoy.
Makes one serving.
- To make this dairy free or vegan friendly substitute the yogurt for coconut or almond yogurt and the protein powder for dairy free/vegan protein powder like pea protein.
Depending on your blender model, you may be able to double this recipe. We recently got a new blender and it holds 64 oz which allows me to easily make both girls a smoothie at the same time.
Do your kids drink smoothies? What is their favorite flavor?
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more drink ideas? Check out my Recipes: Drinks board on Pinterest.