In my book, chocolate and peanut butter go hand in hand. I love them together, and so this is why I love my Peanut Butter and Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats.
The girls and I made a batch of these before nap time one day. Let me tell you, those were some excited girls when snack time rolled around.
I love how simple it is to make rice crispy treats and how much fun the girls and I have making them.
- 3 TBSP butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 10oz pkg marshmallows
- 6 Cups Chocolate Crisp Rice Cereal (I used Bear River Valley Choco Chomp cereal)
- Lightly butter a 9×13 pan and set off to the side.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add in marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Stir in peanut butter and remove from heat.
- Mix in chocolate cereal making sure to coat it well with the melted marshmallow mixture.
- Press the chocolate mixture into prepared pan.
- Allow to cool and firm up.
- Cut into squares.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days.
Just in case you were wondering, rice crispy treats do freeze well. Simply layer them with sheets of wax paper in between and store in an airtight container.
These are my absolute favorite rice crispy treats! What’s your favorite rice crispy treats?
Have a blessed day!
Linking up here:
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.