One of my guilty pleasures is peanut butter and chocolate. I love Dark Chocolate Peanut M&Ms, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, etc. the list goes on. Basically, if it has peanut butter and chocolate in it I’m gonna love it! Which is why I LOVE these homemade peanut butter cups!
- 8-9 oz of chocolate (any kind will work although I like dark best)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sugar (or less), if desired
- Place 12 mini cupcake liners in a mini muffin tin.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds.
- Stir and microwave for 30 more seconds. Repeat until chocolate is thoroughly melted.
- Place melted chocolate in a zip top bag (or dessert decorator) and snip off one end.
- Place one dollop (about a teaspoon) of chocolate in each liner.
- Place pan in refrigerator or leave on counter so the chocolate can harden.
- In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter and sugar and load into a dessert decorator (or zip top bag).
- Once chocolate has hardened, remove pan from refrigerator.
- Squeeze a dollop (about one tablespoon) of peanut butter mixture in each liner.
- Then cover with another tablespoon of chocolate.
- Place back in refrigerator for 5-10 minutes or leave on the counter until harden.
Then enjoy! These are also excellent frozen! James just love these! They are so stinking delicious! If you use good quality ingredients they are not too bad for you. Much better than a Reese’s cup which has who knows what kind of preservatives in it.
I like them with dark chocolate but James prefers them with milk chocolate. When I use sugar I only use 2 tablespoons. I made these recently for a party and they were a huge hit! I made them with sugar and without and both of them were gone!
Let me know how these turn out for you!
Have a blessed day!
P.S. – Next week’s recipe is also super delicious! I’ll give you a hint it also involves chocolate!
Please read my disclosure policy here.