This post, Poke a Who Tree Grinchmas Game, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
Last year I threw a Grinch-mas party. I had lots of fun coming up decorations, games, and food. And I’m super excited to start sharing them with you. At the bottom of the post you will find links to all the other posts.
This Poke a Who Tree Grinchmas Game is super cute and easy to make. The base of the game is made on a foam poster board. While the tree is made with small cups and tissue paper. Inside the cups are small prizes.
Poke a Who Tree Grinchmas Game
- Foam poster board (Dollar Tree)
- Small cups (Dixie paper cups)
- Tissue paper (green, red, holiday themed)
- Rubber bands
- Dr. Seuss Bulletin Board Letters
- Grinch themed trinkets
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Brown card stock or paper
- Clear tape
- Plug the hot glue gun in so it can warm up.
- Lay out the Dr. Seuss bulletin board letters on the foam board to spell out “Poke a Who Tree” and then glue in place.
- Start by placing a trinket inside a cup. Minimum one for each party guest.
- Next cut tissue paper into large squares about 6 – 8 inches. You will need one for each cup.
- Place the tissue paper over the cup.
- Secure the tissue paper with a rubber band to the cup.
- Use tape to hold the ends of the tissue paper to the bottom of the cup.
- After all cups are done, start laying the cups out on your board in the pattern you like.
- Once you are happy with the lay out, start gluing the cup bottoms to the foam board.
- After your tree is complete, cut a small rectangle out of the brown paper.
- Glue the rectangle to the bottom of the board at the base of the cups for the tree trunk.
- Oriental Trading Company has a lot of great Dr. Seuss and Grinch things like letters and trinkets that can be used for the tree.
- For my trinkets, I used the Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch Mini buttons.
- For larger parties, you can make multiple boards.
- I used mostly green tissue paper to make it “tree-like” then used red and patterned tissue paper to look like ornaments.
- Basic tissue paper works best as the shimmery kind is too hard for kids to poke threw without breaking your board.
I love how my Poke a Who Tree Grinchmas Game came out. It was a huge hit at the party and the kiddos loved their little buttons too.
While I used this for a Grinch-mas party it would be wonderful at any Dr. Seuss themed party. By making it on a foam board, the Who Tree is portable and easy to move which makes it a great idea for school or club parties.
For more Grinchmas fun and ideas check out these posts:
- DIY Grinchmas Banner
- Grinchmas Activities Printables
- Who Inspired Ornament Grinchmas Craft
- DIY Pin the Heart on the Grinch Grinchmas Game
- Grinchmas Activity Book Cover
- Grinchmas Food Ideas and Free Printables
- Printable Grinchmas Invitation
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more fun holiday fun? Check out my Christmas & Winter board on Pinterest.