What can I say? We love peanut butter and chocolate. We also love pumpkin and chocolate.
So I asked James “why not mix those two loves together into one deliciously, yummy dessert?”
I did and it was magical!
I almost called these “Magic Blondies”, but I thought it might sound too hippie-ish.
To be fair, this dessert is pretty Hippie to begin with! Not only is it tasty, it is vegan friendly, too. They are also gluten free, dairy free, and egg free!
- 4 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 cups or 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips + 2 TBSP chocolate chips, dairy free & vegan friendly
- 1/2 cup chocolate chip, dairy free & vegan friendly
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt together
- In a stand mixer, cream peanut butter, pumpkin puree, sugar, and applesauce together
- Mix the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients
- The batter will be thick
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips
- Spread into baking dish
- Top with 2 TBSP chocolate chips
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Pull out blondies of oven
- Pull the blondies out of the pan using the parchment paper
- Allow to cool, if you can wait 🙂
- Mix together 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1 TBSP coconut oil in a microwave safe dish
- Microwave for 45 seconds, stirring and microwaving again until completely melted
- Pour the melted chocolate over the blondies – It makes a delicious glaze
I made these pumpkin peanut butter chocolate chip blondies for a church picnic that we ended up not being able to stay for. I took a big part of these over to a friend of mine who is a new mom. James let the girls eat a few too many of the rest, saying they were practically granola bars and letting them snack on them whenever they wanted. We gobbled them down way more quickly than expected. Oops!
Peanut butter + Pumpkin + Chocolate Chips = LOVE at first bite! These GF, DF, EF, Vegan Friendly blondies are delish and not bad for you too! Satisfy your chocolate cravings and not feel guilty about it later!
How do you satisfy your cravings without having a guilt trip later?
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.