You know the saying “The quickest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach?” It’s true! This is the cake that won me my man! Or at least it “helped” anyway! Haha! I’m sure I won my husband with my outstanding wit and charm and my baking skills had NOTHING to do with it. *wink**wink*
When my husband and I started dating Thanksgiving was our first holiday. Unfortunately, he had to work. So I decided to bake both day and night shifts a cake and not tell James I was doing this. The next time we saw each other he started going on and on about this delicious cake that someone dropped off at the station. When I told him I made it he almost proposed! I’m kidding but it wasn’t to long after the cake that he did! Now for the man winning recipe!
Pumpkin Spice Cake
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 eggs
- 2 15 ounce cans pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Add pumpkin puree and eggs, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for a few minutes in the pan and then cool on a wire rack.
- Cool completely before icing.
- Frost the cooled pumpkin cake with the cinnamon cream cheese buttercream icing (recipe below) or use the plain cream cheese buttercream icing recipe found here.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- In a stand mixer cream cream cheese and butter.
- Then add powdered sugar one cup at a time. Mix well.
- Add cinnamon and mix.
I hope you enjoy this recipe this holiday season and maybe it will win something for you too! Do you have a man (or woman) winning recipe? Share it with us!
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.