I was so excited to wake up this morning to temperatures in the 60s. I had been waiting on a day like this so I could make some soup. Since James was planning on working late I decided to make black bean soup. James is not a fan of it. I don’t know why it’s delicious and easy to make!
- 1 15 oz can of black beans
- 1 can of Rotel
Optional topping ingredients:
- Greek yogurt (plain) or sour cream
- Tortilla chips or crackers
- Open black beans and empty into a colander.
- Rinse the black beans and the can well with running water.
- Dump the black beans and Rotel into a pot.
- Add water one black bean can full at a time until completely covered.
- Bring to a boil then reduce temperature and simmer for about 20 minutes. Enjoy!
I prefer this soup at a one to one ratio (one can of black beans to one can of Rotel) but a two to one ratio is still pretty tasty (two cans of black beans to one can of Rotel).
I love mine with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a pinch or two of cheese. I normally have the soup with crackers but I decided to experiment with tortilla chips this time. The tortilla chips did not absorb the liquid in the soup but they were so tasty with it!
This is one of my favorite quick and easy soup recipes. I always keep a can of black beans and a can of Rotel on hand so I can whip it up whenever I like. Do you have a favorite soup?
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.