I just love Pinterest, don’t you? You can find all kinds of stuff on there! I found these baby toys called sensory bottles that you make. I had never heard of them but they seemed like a pretty cool idea so I tried them out. Cakey just loved playing with them.
Sensory bottles are super simple to make. They are also free or extremely cheap to make. Basically you take an empty, clean water bottle and fill it with small objects that are interesting and engaging for babies. Here’s how I made mine.
- Empty, clean water bottles
- Sequins, beads, glitter, pom poms, balloons, strings (whatever small objects you like)
- Super glue
- Unscrew a bottle and place a variety of small objects inside.
- Fill the bottle with water (I filled some bottles half way, some completely and others I didn’t put water in).
- Super glue the lid back on and allow to dry.
The only reason I suggest super gluing the lid on is that eventually Cakey was trying to take the lids off! After she figured out how to drink out of regular water bottles she would try to unscrew the lids on the sensory bottles and drink out of them! This is why she no longer has her sensory bottles. I plan on making her some new ones soon. I was thinking of doing a seasons theme this time.
Have you ever made a craft from Pinterest? How did it turn out?
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.