This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
Simple strawberry sauce is very easy to make. I like to make huge batches of simple strawberry sauce and freeze them in one cup portions. Simple strawberry sauce makes a quick, easy, and delicious strawberry shortcake when topped on homemade pound cake and homemade whipped cream. It’s also a wonderful topping on pancakes, waffles, mixed in with your oatmeal or our personal favorite mixed in with Greek yogurt.
- 2 16 ounce baskets of strawberries
- 1 quarter to one half cup of sugar or a couple tablespoons stevia
- Wash strawberries and remove stems.
- Cut strawberries in half.
- Place strawberries in a medium pot over low heat.
- Add sweetener to taste and water.
- Stir occasionally.
- Heat until sweetener dissolves about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Store in a glass bowl in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days.
- Serve chilled on top of pound cake or sponge cake to make an easy strawberry shortcake.
- Stir into plain Greek yogurt for a delicious treat.
- Serve warm over pancakes, waffles, or stir into oatmeal.
- Strawberry sauce is also delicious on top of vanilla ice cream.
To store in the freezer:
- Place 1 cup of cooled strawberry sauce in a freezer safe container or bag.
- Close and label the container or bag.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 to 6 months.
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Linking up with these fun parties!