Lemonade is one of my favorite drinks. I love it all year long. Cranberries are perfect in lemonade. Not only does the color add a twist on a classic drink, but they offer a sweet and tart flavor to the all time favorite lemon beverage.
- 1 2 liter bottle of lemon-lime soda (like Sprite)
- 1 12 bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup of cranberries
- 1 cup of fresh lemon juice (approximately 6 lemons)
- 6 cups of water
- 1 cup of sugar (or more if you like it sweet)
- 2 ice cube trays
- punch bowls
- Wash all cranberries.
- Using the 1 cup of cranberries, place three to four cranberries into ice cube trays.
- Fill the ice cube trays with lemon-lime soda and place in freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Store remaining soda in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Empty the bag of cranberries into a blender and liquefy.
- In a large punch bowl, combine liquefied cranberries, lemon juice, water, and sugar.
- Stir to combine and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Just before serving the punch, stir in remaining lemon lime soda and frozen ice cubes.
Punch is one of my favorite things to make. I love mixing different flavors. I served Sparkling Cranberry Lemonade for Thanksgiving and it was a big hit.
James suggests adding pineapple for an extra zesty flavor, but everyone should be warned that if you let him loose on a punch, it will end up sporting a combination of eight or nine flavors. That’s good if you like a unique blend, but that many fruit juices is bad for your wallet!
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Linking up here: