This post, Steak and Pepper Pitas, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
While I enjoy a good Greek-inspired dish, not everyone in the family likes Greek food. These Steak and Pepper Pitas are delicious and not heavily Greek in flavor making them perfect for our family.
While any kind of steak can be used, I have been using Steak-ums because they are already cut and cook up super quick. I also use Joseph’s brand Flax, Oat Bran and Whole Wheat pitas because I like them. 😉
Flavorful and quick cooking Steak and Pepper Pitas make this Greek-inspired dinner delicious, fast, and healthy.
Steak and Pepper Pitas
- 1 lb beef Steak-ums or steak cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 TBSP of Rosemary
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 bell pepper or a combination of each color
- 1/2 a lime
- Crumbled Feta
- Plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Joseph’s brand Flax and Oat pitas
- Cut onion and bell pepper into strips.
- Add olive oil to skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Break Steak-ums into skillet.
- Season steak with salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary.
- Add onion and bell pepper to the skillet.
- Cook until steak is thoroughly cooked, stirring often.
- Squeeze half a lime onto the steak and pepper mixture.
- Cut each pita in half and open.
- Spread Greek yogurt on the inside of each pita half.
- Stuff each half pita with steak and pepper mixture and top with crumbled feta.
Now if your a Greek fan then I highly recommend making some homemade tzatziki sauce and using that in place of the Greek yogurt. So delicious! James hates cucumbers so no tzatziki sauce for him.
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more main dishes? Then check out my Recipes: Main Dishes board on Pinterest!