I’m kinda peculiar about my cornbread. I like it sweet but not too sweet.
I want to be able to make a pan of cornbread to go with my ham bean soup and then have the leftovers for breakfast.
That’s why I like it sweet but not too sweet.
This cornbread recipe is perfect for savory dishes or by itself or maybe with a little butter and honey (not saying that’s how I had it for breakfast or anything like that 😉 ).
- 2 cups cornmeal (gluten free, if needed)
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or 1/2 cup milk + 2 TBSP lemon juice)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish
- If using lemon juice and milk, mix together now and set off to the side
- Beat eggs in a medium sized bowl
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well
- Pour batter into prepared pan
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean
I think this recipe would make some AWESOME corn muffins! In fact, I think I might have to whip some up shortly.
For a cornbread recipe that goes great with everything from savory to sweet, look no further than this one. This Sweet Cornbread is perfect for dinner or for breakfast.
How do you like your cornbread?
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.