This post, Sweet Onion Apple Salad, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
Salads are one of my favorite side dishes or main meals if topped with meat or protein. Sweet Onion Apple Salad is pretty simple to make.
Every time I make this salad I get rave reviews from everyone. The salad was inspired by Panera’s Fuji Apple Salad. I really like that salad but I figured I could make a budget friendlier salad at home. And I was right.
We have this easy and tasty salad at least once every couple of weeks. In fact, we ate it weekly from August through September. It is just that good.
Sweet Onion Apple Salad is a fantastic and simple salad that perfectly complements grilled meats like steak, chicken, or pork.
Sweet Onion Apple Salad
- 20 ounces Spring mix or field greens mix
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbs
- 1/2 bag of Seneca Original Apple Chips
- 1/4 cup of Diamond Original Glazed Walnuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Ken’s Steak House Sweet Vidalia Onion Dressing
- Rinse spring mix and dry.
- Add spring mix to a large bowl.
- Top spring mix with blue cheese crumbles and walnuts.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Break apple chips into smaller pieces, if desired, and add to salad
- Top with dressing.
- Toss to combine.
While this salad is perfect as a side it is amazing when topped with any grilled meat and used as the main dish. In fact, most of the time I make it, I just slice up whatever meat we are having and top the salad with it. Steak, chicken, even pork chops are delicious on top of this salad.
I love that this salad is so easy to make and is gluten free, paleo, and THM. The carb count is pretty high on this salad so it is not keto friendly.
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more delicious side dishes? Check out my Recipes: Side Dishes board on Pinterest.