It’s been a while since I posted about a “lovin’ from the oven” recipe. Every now and then you just need quick, easy comfort food and Taco Mac fulfills that need!
While this is a “lovin’ from the oven” dish I do try to make it a bit healthier by using better ingredients. We only use organic grass-fed beef. I try to stock up on it when I find it marked down at Target. When we cook with organic grass-fed beef, we have noticed that there is little to no grease in the pan. Plus the taste is so much better!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 boxes Annie’s Homegrown Creamy Deluxe Rice Pasta Dinner (or your favorite boxed mac & cheese)
- 1/2 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
- 3 TBSP homemade taco seasoning (or one packet)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a frying pan, brown ground beef.
- When beef is almost done, sprinkle with half the taco seasoning.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Drain macaroni and place in oven safe baking dish.
- Drain ground beef, if not using organic.
- Mix ground beef with macaroni noodles.
- Stir in both cheese sauce packets and remaining taco seasoning.
- Mix in shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
A word of caution about this dish, our homemade taco seasoning was really strong. So strong, in fact, that the girls could not eat the Taco Mac and James and I both noticed the heat-packing whallop too. If you are worried that it might be too spicy reduce the seasoning. If the girls are going to be eating with us I usually half the taco seasoning amount.
Taco Mac is perfect paired with steamed broccoli and a side salad.
Have you made any “lovin’ from the oven” dishes lately?
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.