This post, Tiger Valentine’s Day Box, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
The Tiger Valentine’s Day Box is a fun craft to make for a unique Valentine’s Day card box. The box is simple and fun to make. While I had a lot of the supplies on hand, I picked up the orange wrapping paper and black crepe paper at the Dollar Tree.
- Shoe box
- Orange wrapping paper
- Black crepe paper
- Orange card stock
- Black chenille stems
- Orange chenille stems
- Foam heart stickers
- Scrap pink crepe paper or card stock
- Googly eyes
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Glue sticks
- Packing tape
- Letter stickers or a sharpie
- Wrap the shoe box in orange wrapping paper and secure with packing or scotch tape.
- Cut a 1/2 inch by 3 inch slot on the top of the shoe box.
- On a sheet of card stock draw a tiger head with ears and cut it out.
- On a sheet of card stock draw a curly tail and cut it out.
- Starting on the bottom of the box at the back, wrap black crepe paper around the box. Cutting the crepe paper when you reach the starting point. Secure the start and end with glue or tape.
- Repeat 3 more times.
- Cut any crepe paper the covers the slot.
- Use packing tape to hold down the wrapping paper and crepe paper in the slot and cover the rough edges.
- Fold the crepe paper in half and wrap around the tail. Cutting the crepe paper when you reach the starting point. Secure with tape.
- Repeating until the tail is covered. I made 11 strips.
- Hot glue a black chenille stem to the back of the tail. Allow to dry.
- Use hot glue and packing tape to secure the tail to the back of the box.
- Create the face for the tiger using the foam heart stickers and scrap crepe paper. I let Doodles create the face she wanted.
- Add a few stripes with the crepe paper.
- Use hot glue to secure the googly eyes on.
- Hot glue an orange chenille stem to the back of the head. Allow to dry.
- Use hot glue to secure the head to the front of the box.
- Use stickers or a sharpie to write the child’s name on the box.
This Tiger Valentine’s Day Box is simply cute. Doodles had so much fun creating her tiger face and adding her name to the box. While this is a little hard for younger kids to do on their own it is easy to do in less than an hour together.
Be sure to stop by my Kids Crafts page where I link all our crafts.
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more Kids Crafts ideas? Check out my Kids Crafts board on Pinterest.