Disclosure: I received a Seventh Generation Healthy Baby Home Party kit free from Seventh Generation’s Generation Good online Community. All opinions are 100% my own. This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
As a parent I want to do whatever is best for my children. But honestly sometimes it is SO hard to know what the right choice is. I applied to host a Healthy Baby Home Party through Seventh Generation’s Generation Good online community because I thought it would help me shed some light on some of the areas I was struggling with.
Plus, not only would it give me information, it would allow me to share that information with others and gain information from them at the same time.
My goal with hosting the party was to give my fellow moms a place to talk about what we are concerned with in regards to chemicals, food, etc that come in contact with our families. And hopefully, all learn something that will help us.
I learned some very interesting and surprising facts.
- The video above from Healthy Child Healthy World is scary true! It is so sad and terrifying how many chemicals and toxins our kids come in contact with in day to day life.
- The Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) was passed in 1976 and, unlike other major environmental laws, has never been updated (Seventh Generation Toxin Free Campaign). This is something that concerns me. Why, with the progression of science and all has this act not been updated??
- Regardless of our walks of life we all care about keeping our kids safe. Whether it is the food they eat or the chemicals they come in contact with we want to know how those things effect our families. Which is why we need to tell our Senators that we need a stronger reform on the toxic chemicals policy. You can find out how to get involved and tell your Senators to reform the toxic chemicals policy at Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families.
Of course, no party with a bunch of moms is all seriousness. We did have some fun!
- When moms get together laughter is gonna spill out. Humor not only breaks the ice but it helps people relax. The best part is when you’re with fellow moms you can laugh about almost anything.
- BINGO brings out the competitiveness in people. Even those sweet moms have a competitive side. And having awesome prizes only encouraged them.
- We discovered that most of us have HOT husbands: One of my favorite times of the night was the laughing and joking that went on when I said, “Healthy Home Tip #35 – Indoor air is often more polluted than outdoor air. Ventilate the home by opening windows, and limit your use of air fresheners and chemical cleaning products that release potentially harmful VOCs into your indoor environment.” To this a mom responded, “My husband will not open a window in the state of Florida. He sweats immediately.” I, of course, concurred, “James is the same way. They are kindred spirits.” Another mom laughingly stated, “Mine too! In Detroit, he used to steam the car window in the winter!” I jokingly added, “Great, let’s not get those three guys in a room! They’d burn it down!”
Hosting a Healthy Baby Home Party was fun and provided my guests and I with tons of information. Everyone left knowing a few small changes they could make that could have a huge impact on their families health and well being.
That is truly what I hoped to accomplish by hosting this party. It’s not about buying this product or that or buying organic or not. It’s about making informed decisions for those that matter the most to us… our families.
What is one area in regards to chemicals used to treat your food, clothes, and clean your homes with that you wish you knew more about?
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Linking up with these great parties.