This post, Apple Spice Instant Oatmeal Muffins, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
These Apple Spice Instant Oatmeal Muffins are so tasty and jam packed with flavor making them a great kid-friendly food! They are bursting with apple pieces and instant apple cinnamon oatmeal.
Apple Spice Instant Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 small apple – peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 packets of apple cinnamon instant oatmeal
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a bowl, mix together baking powder, salt, flour, cloves, ginger, and instant oatmeal packets.
- Then in a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Next beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix in half the flour mixture.
- Then mix in half the milk.
- Add remaining flour mixture and then the remaining milk mixing until incorporated.
- Fold in apple pieces.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. Fill about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 13 – 16 minutes.
- Cool for a 3-4 minutes in pan and then flip out onto wire rack to cool completely.
Makes about 12 muffins
- You can substitute the butter for any other oil if you prefer or applesauce. To make dairy free use coconut oil or applesauce instead of butter.
- Stovetop cinnamon applesauce is fantastic in these muffins!
- You can substitute brown sugar, coconut sugar, or honey if you prefer.
- This recipe is easily doubled and freezer friendly.
- Place completely cooled muffins in an airtight container or zip top bag.
- Store on the counter for up to 4 days. This is only a guess as to how long the muffins can be stored on the counter. I usually freeze most of mine and only remove what we need for two days at a time.
- Place muffins on wire rack directly into the freezer.
- Flash freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove muffins and place into zip top freezer safe bags.
- Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Thaw on the counter for a couple of hours or microwave for a few seconds to defrost.
Making a batch of these muffins is a great way to use up leftover instant oatmeal that the little ones didn’t finish. I also save apple slices that the kids don’t eat in the freezer. I simply chop up the slices and store them in a freezer safe quart bag. Once I have about half a bag I use them to make these muffins.
The kiddos love these Apple Spice Instant Oatmeal Muffins. They are one of their favorite breakfast or snacks. They are also awesome in lunch boxes!
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more Muffin Recipes? Then you need to check out my Recipes: Breakfast board on Pinterest!