This post, Cucumbers in Vinegar, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
Cucumbers in vinegar is one of my favorite snacks or sides for lunch. I love the zip and tangy of the vinegar with the fresh crunch of the cucumber. With a little sprinkle of salt and pepper they are pure deliciousness!
Cukes in vinegar make such a quick, healthy snack. They are perfect as a side to your sandwich or wrap instead of chips.
Cucumbers in Vinegar
- White vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Wash cucumbers. You can peel if desired.
- Using a sharp knife slice cucumbers into 1/4 – 1/2 inch slices.
- Place the cucumber slices in a shallow bowl and cover with vinegar.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Before serving stir to pull the bottom cucumbers to the top.
- I like to stir the cucumbers up to make sure they each get some salt and pepper on them.
- The longer you leave the cucumbers in the vinegar the softer they will become.
- Cucumbers in vinegar will last 3 or more days refrigerated but again will be pretty soft after 2 days.
- Allow cucumbers to soak for at least 30 minutes before enjoying.
I love replacing my favorite salt and vinegar chips with these for my lunches. So tasty and so healthy!
What’s your favorite way to eat cucumbers?
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more snack recipes? Check out my Recipes: Snacks board on Pinterest.