This post, Gluten Free Fruit and Cereal Snack Mix, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
Like most people we love convenience foods. The kids can put a hurting on a bag of trail mix. With our schedule being so busy lately, I decided to make a gluten free fruit and cereal snack mix. By making homemade snack mix I can let the kiddos try new dried fruits without too much worrying about the new to them fruit not being eaten. I used a mixture of dried fruits I know the kids like and new fruits they had not tried yet.
My gluten free snack mix has dried apricots, raisins, and cranberries.
Gluten Free Fruit and Cereal Snack Mix
- 3 cups puffed corn cereal (I used Arrowhead Mills)
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet with either parchment paper or by lightly oiling.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mix coconut oil and honey.
- Pour liquid mixture over dry mixture and toss to combine.
- Spread fruit and cereal mixture on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Let cool before enjoying!
- Try using different dried fruits like cherries, blueberries, or strawberries.
- Sub in a cup of nuts for one of the dried fruits.
- Use melted butter instead of coconut oil if not dairy free.
- Use agave or molasses in place of honey.
My gluten free snack mix is perfect for morning or afternoon snacks. It travels well in zip top bags or containers with lids. The snack mix makes a great snack for hiking, movies, or traveling in the car. The kids just can not seem to get enough of it!
Have you ever made gluten free fruit and cereal snack mix? How do you make it?
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more snack recipes? Check out my Recipes: Snacks board on Pinterest.