This post, Homemade Ranch Seasoning may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
Ranch seasoning is a staple in our house but it can be kinda expensive which is why I started making it from scratch. This dry seasoning mix is easy to make, store, and use. Once you start making it you’ll wonder why you ever purchased it pre-made before!
A flavorful, homemade version of ranch seasoning. It is a mix of parsley, dill weed, and a few other common household herbs.
Homemade Ranch Seasoning
- 1/2 cup parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup sea salt or himalayan pink salt
- 2.5 TBSP onion powder
- 2.5 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 TBSP + 1 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 TBSP ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a glass jar.
- Screw the lid of the jar on tight and shake to combine.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Shake before each use.
Makes a little more than 1 cup or about 19.3 TBSP.
- Use 2 TBSP in place of one packet of ranch dressing mix.
- To make ranch dressing combine 1 cup buttermilk and 1 cup of mayonnaise with 1 TBSP seasoning mix.
Homemade ranch seasoning can be used to make salad dressing, delicious potato wedges, or to season up chicken, pork or beef. There are so many tasty ways to use this seasoning.
By making your own seasoning you can use high quality ingredients while still making a seasoning that cost less than buying pre-made. It also allows you to eliminated any ingredients that you don’t like and gives you total control over the spiciness of the seasoning.
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more tasty, homemade seasonings? Then check out my Recipes: Condiments, Dips, Seasonings, & Sauces board on Pinterest!