This post, Homemade Strawberry Sauce, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
Homemade strawberry sauce is very easy to make. I like to make huge batches of simple strawberry sauce and freeze them in one cup portions.
An easy, homemade strawberry sauce made with only three ingredients and freezer friendly too. Perfect on top of Greek yogurt, oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, and pound cake.
Homemade Strawberry Sauce
- 2 16 ounce baskets of strawberries
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of sugar or a couple tablespoons stevia
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup water
- Wash strawberries and remove stems.
- Cut strawberries in half.
- Place strawberries in a medium pot over low heat.
- Add sweetener to taste and water.
- Stir occasionally.
- Heat until sweetener dissolves about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Store in a glass bowl in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days.
- Serve chilled on top of pound cake or sponge cake with homemade whipped cream to make an easy strawberry shortcake.
- Stir into plain Greek yogurt for a delicious treat.
- Serve warm over pancakes, waffles, or stir into oatmeal.
- Also delicious on top of vanilla ice cream.
To store in the freezer:
- Place 1 cup of cooled strawberry sauce in a freezer safe jar or bag.
- Close and label the container or bag.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 to 6 months.
We love this simple strawberry sauce on top of Greek yogurt, ice cream, mixed in our oatmeal, or on top of pound cake!
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more tasty, homemade sauces? Then check out my Recipes: Condiments, Dips, Seasonings, & Sauces board on Pinterest!