This post, Homemade Tzatziki Sauce, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
Homemade Tzatziki Sauce is a combination of Greek yogurt and cucumber with a few seasoning. It is fantastic on pitas, salads, and used as a dip.
While I enjoy a good Greek-inspired dish, not everyone in the family likes Greek food. However, my homemade tzatziki sauce while heavy Greek in flavor allows everyone to add as much or little as they like.
Tzatziki is great on steak pitas or chicken pitas. And it is also delicious when used as a dip for veggies. I also love it on top of a Greek salad!
Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 a medium cucumber
- 1 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Peel cucumber and finely grate.
- Mince garlic clove.
- In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, dill weed, and oregano. Stir well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. I use a dash or two of each.
- Squeeze the half of the lemon into Greek yogurt mixture.
- Mix well. Drizzle olive oil on top.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Gently stir before serving.
Makes about 19 tablespoons
Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Homemade tzatziki sauce will keep for a few days. The recipe can easily be doubled if needed.
Do you like Greek-inspired food?
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more main dishes? Then check out my Recipes: Main Dishes board on Pinterest!