This post, Incredibly Easy Homemade Blueberry Pie Filling, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
I love to make homemade blueberry pie filling with all our fresh berries. Blueberries are one of my kiddos’ favorite things. I consider myself lucky if I can make it out of the store before they have opened the container of blueberries and started munching on them!
Incredibly Easy Homemade Blueberry Pie Filling
For this homemade blueberry pie filling you will need 4 pints of blueberries. 3 pints for cooking with and 1 pint to mix in later.
- 3 pints blueberries
- 2 TBSP stevia
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Gluten free cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pint blueberries
- Wash blueberries and remove any stems or mushy blueberries.
- In a pot, combine 3 pints blueberries, stevia, cornstarch, cinnamon, and water.
- Reserve 1 pint blueberries.
- Heat blueberries over medium low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Continue heating and stirring until the blueberries thicken and most have burst. About 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes or until warm.
- Gently stir in the reserved 1 pint of blueberries.
- Allow blueberry pie filling to cool completely before adding to pie, canning for future use, or storing in freezer.
- I like to use stevia because that keeps it Trim Healthy Mama friendly. If you use sugar you will need more approximately 1/4 cup or so. You could also use coconut sugar, honey, or agave nectar.
- If you want to make this blueberry pie filling paleo you would need to use arrowroot. 2 teaspoons of arrowroot are equal to 1.5 teaspoons of cornstarch. For this recipe you would need 2 tablespoons of arrowroot.
We love this blueberry pie filling on top of Greek yogurt, ice cream, mixed in our oatmeal, or you know… baked in a pie!
What’s your favorite way to eat blueberry pie filling?
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more tasty desserts? Then you need to check out my Recipes: Desserts broad on Pinterest!