This post, Quick and Basic Fried Rice, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
Quick and basic fried rice is so simple to throw together and oh so yummy! I love this recipe for many reasons but my top reason is how fast it is done. From start to finish this side dish is done in about 10 minutes.
Leftover rice is mixed with scrambled eggs, mixed frozen veggies garlic and ginger and topped with soy sauce, sesame oil, or sriracha mayo.
Quick and Basic Fried Rice
- 2 cups of leftover white rice
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 1 bag of frozen mixed vegetable, shredded or bite-sized and thawed
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 inch fresh garlic, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Over medium high heat in a skillet, heat olive oil.
- Add garlic and ginger and saute until fragrant about 1 minute.
- Toss the thawed mixed vegetable into the pan stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
- Mix in leftover white rice and scrambled eggs stirring constantly.
- Stir fry for another 2-3 minutes until heated thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Serve with your favorite Asian style main dish. We love it with oven baked BBQ orange pork or Asian style beef and broccoli. We top ours with a splash of soy sauce, sesame oil, and a squirt of sriracha mayo.
I often double the recipe and then use the leftover for lunches for the week! Lunch and dinner done in one simple recipe!
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more delicious side dishes? Check out my Recipes: Side Dishes board on Pinterest.